My husband and I loosely follow the anti-inflammatory diet. We make healthy choices and aim to follow the diet, but it’s not always perfect. Most of the recipes fall into the diet and will be marked. (Also, let it be known that I am not a nutritionist, this is just what I’ve found works for us after researching the diet.)
This week we incorporated apples in a few places because FALL. I mean, I know you picked 30 apples from the apple orchard and now you don’t know what to do with them all. I know it.
I tried to either cite my sources or add in a basic blurb for the recipe. I wanted to make this post quick and easy to skim for easy meal inspiration!
Disclosure: Some of the links below in this article are affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I can earn a commission if you click through the links and purchase something. Your purchases support my blog! Thanks for the support! I truly appreciate it!
Easy Apple Crumble Bake
Perks: Anti-inflammatory ingredients, APPLES
Source: Loosely based on a cookie recipe found in the [Clean Cuisine Cookbook]
This serves about 2-3 people. You can double it if you want to feed more. I wouldn’t say that this recipe it “healthy” calorie wise but it’s a guilt free way to feed your sweet tooth with good ingredients you can feel better about eating.
- 3 Apples
- 1 Cup Rolled oats
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Coconut Oil
- 1/8 cup mashed Avocado (I use an avocado mash cup from Costco)
- 1/2 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dash Pink Himalayan Salt to taste
- Cool Whip** or Non-Dairy Frozen Yogurt (Cool Whip isn’t anti-inflammatory, but it needs a little somethin’ for a topping.)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray baking pan with a cooking spray (I use avocado spray, and I used a glass pie dish because it looked nice)
- Slice the apple into thin pieces. Line the bottom of the pan with the apples.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix them all together.
- Layer the mix on top of the apples.
- Bake for 15 mins or until the apples are cooked through.
- Serve with topping (Cool Whip or non-dairy frozen yogurt) of your choice.
Instant Pot Tumeric Chicken Rice Soup
Perks: Gluten free, anti-inflammatory ingredients
Source: [Skinny Fitalicious] You can click that link, and get re-directed to the post.
I prepped all the veggies at nap time, so when it came time for dinner it was fast and easy to whip it together.
Apple Pork Tenderloin
Perks: Low Carb and APPLES
Main dish: Pork Tenderloin with a sautéed chopped apple topping.
- Pork: The hubs smoked it on our smoker, but you could sear the pork in a pan with olive oil until browned (5-10mins) and then roast it in the oven alongside the green beans (below) until done.
- Apple Topping: Chop up an apple into tiny pieces (for two people, add an apple accordingly). Cook in pan with a drizzle of oil and a tbsp of butter. Cook until tender, about 4 mins. OPTIONAL: Add ½ cup of chicken stock.
Sides: Fresh green beans and cauliflower rice.
- Green Beans: I coat the green beans in olive oil and camp mix (it’s a New England seasoned salt/pepper blend, but you could use your favorite salt mix) and cook for about 10 mins at 400 in the toaster oven or regular oven.
- Cauliflower Rice: You can buy a head of cauliflower and make a huge mess trying to ‘rice’ it with a cheese grater, or you can buy a bag of it frozen like I do.
Honey Mustard Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
Perks: Anti-inflammatory, all one pan
Source: [Clean Cuisine Cookbook]
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup and 3 tbsp Organic Gluten Free Honey Mustard***
- 1 lb red potatoes chopped
- 4 Cups brussels sprouts halved
- 2 Shallots quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
*** In the cookbook, [Clean Cuisine Cookbook], it gives instructions on how to make your own honey mustard, but I cheat and buy an organic gluten free version at the grocery store.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Salt and pepper the chicken, and then rub the 1/4 cup of honey mustard all over it. Add to baking sheet.
- Add the potatoes, shallots, and brussels spouts to bowl and mix in the remaining honey mustard. Spread the vegetables in the single layer in the pan around the chicken.
- Roast for about 45 mins until the chicken is fully cooked and the potatoes are fork-tender.
I made a few other meals this week, but I honestly didn’t love them enough to share. One had quinoa spaghetti, but MAN it’s gross. Just gross. If you are trying to eat better try a rice based pasta or skip the pasta all together.
I really love the [Clean Cuisine Cookbook] because the authors, Ivy Ingram Larson & Andrew Larson, explain about the diet too. I use the cookbook all the time for inspiration on how to eat better and tweak the recipes if I can see a way to make them easier.
I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you make any of these in the comments. Also, if you’d like to [subscribe], you can get posts like these sent to your inbox!